The Most Beautiful Rattan Gift Ideas for a Child's Bedroom
Is your child's bedroom due an upgrade? We've got some great ideas for you: rattan furniture and toys. When people hear about rattan, they picture furniture pieces in gardens or patios. But make no mistake; rattan is an incredible addition when redecorating your space, including your child's bedroom.
First, you may be wondering why you should choose rattan. It's not material you see every day, but it's chic and adds a little bit of drama. The unmistakable texture and neutral tone create a nice atmosphere, giving an airy feeling inside homes. If you have noticed the increase in rattan use, here are some reasons why:
- Easily repairable
- Stain and weather-resistant
- Durable and can resist almost all kinds of wear and tear
- UV resistant
Rattan may have that distinct tone, but the material can come in a wide range of colours, from dark coffee to light caramel and even icy white.
Rattan furniture is an excellent option if you are searching for gift ideas for a newborn or an older child's bedroom. There are also rattan toys that kids can play with. So, without further ado, here are rattan products that you can give as a gift or add to your child's bedroom:
A rattan mirror, especially one in full length, is so stunning. A mirror hanging over a table or dresser can be an authentic statement piece. Rattan mirrors are casual yet sophisticated. They add natural texture to your space, plus some bohemian flair, which is great if there's no bedroom theme yet. And even if there is, a rattan mirror can complement any style, thanks to its neutrality. It's perfect for a range of interior design themes, such as boho, modern, cottage, southern, and colonial.
If parents don't want to place rattan full-length mirrors in their child's bedroom, they can opt for a rattan shelf mirror instead. A vast array of shapes and styles are available, as well. Kids who love stars will adore a star mirror right in their bedroom. And what about a cool dinosaur mirror in the playroom? The designs are endless!
Mirrors are suitable for six to nine years of age, especially those with a chair. Parents can always place these mirrors anywhere, even in a nursery and smaller kids' rooms. However, full-sized mirrors fare better when children are older and don't run around.
Plastic toys dominate the toy industry. They are quick to produce and also economical. However, they are not good for the environment. Children also tend to get bored of them fast – and that is if the toys are not broken yet.
Handmade rattan toys are a much better alternative. Combined with the dexterity of the maker and the use of high-quality materials, you will get a more durable toy that lasts for a long time. That's the beauty of rattan toys.
Each rattan set can even be passed down from generation to generation. Plus, you will love the fact that rattan is safe for kids who often put things in their mouths. Because the material is non-toxic, easy to clean, and toys often do not have rough edges, you can proudly give a rattan toy set to a parent.
Some examples of rattan toys that your kids will surely love and treasure are:
- Rattan Pirate Set: The novelty pirate set is exactly what little adventurers need to complete their pirate costumes. With a good-sized rattan sword and a pirate's hat, kids can enjoy hours of imaginative play. The pirate set is good for children aged three and up.
- Rattan Tea Set: Hosting a playdate or a birthday party can be a lot of fun with toys around. Boys and girls love kitchen play. With a tea set made of rattan, they can make-believe that they are serving tea to their friends or dolls. We recommend the tea set for kids five years and up.
- Rattan Fairy Set: Kids love to go on an adventure to their fantasyland. This pretty fairy set is made of quality materials that not only look great but can last for years unlike plastic wands out there. The fairy set is a wonderful gift idea for kids as young as three.
- Rattan Toy Basket: Simple and sweet, a rattan toy bassinet or basket adds style to any bedroom and playroom. Typically used as a doll daybed, the basket doubles as a storage compartment for kids' treasures. Children as young as two years will love a cute little toy basket for their doll.
These rattan toys allow parents to build a sustainable playground right in their homes. Sustainably sourced materials, such as rattan, offer numerous advantages, including:
- Helping to protect from deforestation
- Providing a source of income to African and Asian countries
- Ensuring a long-term supply of useful materials
Let's not forget that rattan does not contain chemicals. Plastic toys are far less expensive, but they can be harmful to children, often causing short and long-term health issues. For example, they can have BPA and BPS, phthalates, formaldehyde, and heavy metals like lead. You, as a parent, would never want any of these chemicals to be anywhere near your child.
Many toys are now made of rattan, which is why they are the top choice for little children aged one year and onwards.
Other Rattan Products for a Child's Bedroom
Add a splash of texture, making rattan the centrepiece of the bedroom with a rattan bedhead. It works well no matter the room's theme and colours. The textural contrast is achieved with the woven material, elevating this piece of furniture as the centre of attention in the child's bedroom. Some children like different and bright hues around them, including the walls and floor. The rattan headboard will provide that laidback effect whilst having a commanding presence.
For effortless décor embedding, gift a mum or dad with a rattan nightstand. It adds a vintage touch that even kids will love. It fits perfectly in a rustic farmhouse-style room, as well as a modern kid's room. The natural wooden colour lets parents become more creative when pairing it with other furniture pieces and accessories.